Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Week 40 10:18 pm

Earlier today I wrote a blog entry which many of you read. I am updating you on events since then.

I am not in labor.

I saw my OB this afternoon and she did a pelvic exam. I was 1 centimeter dilated but not much effaced. This surprised me because in my first pregnancy I was 80% two weeks prior to labor and didn't dilate at all until almost two days into labor. Goes to show you never can predict how each experience will be.

Dr Lamar explained to me what is meant by the medical expression "sweeping the membranes". I agreed to try it out. Since my mom was with me and she was really excited to see things progress quickly we felt 'why not?!'. Neither the doctor nor my own  dear mother felt it necessary, however, to warn me just how fucking painful this procedure was going to be. Thanks guys! That really hurt! I screamed and squirmed while a gloved finger swirled around between the inner lining if my uterus and the outer lining of my baby's amniotic sac. This motion is meant to separate them and has a questionable chance of inducing contractions strong enough to start labor within a day or so. But no real strong contractions have happed yet and it is now 8 hours later. Just regular Braxton Hicks as usual, coupled to my discomfort with soreness and light bleeding.

Tomorrow Brett will work from home again like yesterday in case the show does goes on.

And as an extra bonus - we are scheduled for a few real induction on Feb 13, 6 days from now. That way we can be sure to have the grandmothers around when Little Baby Girl Duncavage the Sequel makes her big debut. And her birthday would be cool: 2/13/13.

Stay tuned! Thank you and goodnight.

PS - I had two sangria's with dinner. Ole'!

4 comments:

  1. thank you for the update babygrrrl, i was thinkin about you all day. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. "PS - I had two sangria's with dinner. Ole'!" - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so high on my list of moms that I will be allowed to drink around if I ever get pregnant. And I love you for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Jenny! She will come when she's ready.

    ReplyDelete