Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

40 weeks Sigh.

Every waking moment I am uber aware of impending labor. Every minuscule baby movement inside me, every twinge of abdominal tissue, every sharp intestinal cramp, every uterine practice contraction alerts me to the possibility that IT is beginning. But alas, so far, these signals are always false. They are just normal everyday bodily functions and/or typical late pregnancy baby activities.

But today is my DUE DATE! My EDD! I have never been pregnant this long in my life! Nova was born two days before my EDD. So I was sure her little sister would also be early. Wrong. Although she has been in proper position to be born for weeks now, she seems fine just staying put. Or maybe it's my super strong uterus that is refusing to let her go, like a mama of itself, grasping onto her jealously before it gets to be my turn o her her tight. Give her up, uterus please, open up that softened cervix and pop your warm safe water balloon of an amniotic sac so things can get started. I do not necessarily relish the idea of strong contractions happening and causing me pain. But I want this human being out of my insides and in my arms where I can see and smell and kiss her. Also, I want my body back (for I am so physically uncomfortable and miserable.) Also, I am bored. And ready to be a mother of two.

My mom has arrived on scene! And she is scheduled to depart in 4 days - another reason this baby needs to make an appearance. Grandma Pat would like to meet her. Grandma Lillian is coming in a few days too. Everyone is anxious and waiting patiently for you, baby girl. We wanna party!

Going to an OB appointment in a couple of hours with Dr Lamar. We will see what she has to say and/or feel about what is happening in the dark pink recesses of my body cavities. I will write more after that to inform all you anticipating readers....

No comments:

Post a Comment