Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Week 21

The belly is getting so big. Finally broke down and spent some money on "maternity" clothes. Mostly they are just clothes that normally would be way too big for me. Then my big sister, Maria, sent me a gift card to Target with a note saying "Buy maternity clothes". So I got some more! Now I should be able to dress myself for the next month or so. Also Maria sent us our first bunch of soft PINK things for the baby. Thank you MTV!
We are now totally used to the idea of having a baby girl. At first I was really freaked out, but now I am so happy and excited to have a daughter. We bought her some things at the Renaissance Festival over the weekend. Two baby fairies and two feathery dragon puppets.
They will live in the nursery which we are designing in our heads. Hopefully soon, Brett will sand the walls in there so we can paint it and start the decorating. It has tan walls and chocolate carpet. Barf. (But the white wainscoting we will keep.) I will show you what it looks like now...


Sorry the quality and light of the photos is so bad. iphone camera.

2 comments:

  1. don't spend too much $ on maternity clothes now though, cause um, you'll maybe need to buy more later just in a different size. but then again, maybe im just a porker! but luckily there are so many non maternity clothes that dont scream matronly and are comfortable (like the empire sun dresses and long t-shirts at Forever 21 and other teeny bopper stores. yeah, i know. dont judge). Ross was a good source as some had maternity sections (for pants. I still use non-maternity tops) - it was cheap and i knew i wouldnt be wearing it for much longer..well lets hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you mention Forever 21, cuz that's where I initially spent $200 on shirts and dresses!

    ReplyDelete